This is the website of Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center.
- Our postal address is: 100 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- We can be reached via email at email@example.com, or you can reach us by telephone at 727-867-8166.
LOG FILE INFORMATION
- We collect and store the Internet protocol (IP address) of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- If you register for a Service to become a member, receive a newsletter, participate in programming, volunteer, or get information about Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center and/or Tampa Bay Watch Inc. promotions or events, you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information.
- If you order a product from us or register for an event with us or one of our business partners, you may be asked for your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- If you are ordering a product or signing up for membership as a gift for another person, you may be asked for that person’s name, postal address and phone number in order to enable us to deliver the gift to the recipient.
- If you participate in an activity such as a survey or sweepstakes, you may be asked for your name, email address and birth date, and also to provide other types of information such as gender and personal interests, which may be associated with other personal information that has been obtained from or about you.
- Sensitive Information.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
- Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center, Tampa Bay Watch, Inc. and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address and Other Identifiers.
When you access and interact with our Services, Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center, Tampa Bay Watch, Inc. and our service providers may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other device, we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Social Media Information and Content.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
- Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies.
The Services may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,”etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like Cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
- Third-Party Tracking.
Third parties that support the Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the Services (such as websites and emails). These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. The Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center and/or Tampa Bay Watch Inc. does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Information Contained in User Content
Some parts of our Services may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. You should be careful about what personal information you choose to make public through these Services.
- Information from Other Sources
To the extent permitted by law, Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center and our service providers may supplement the information we collect from and about you with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services, commercially available sources and information from Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center, Tampa Bay Watch Inc. or business partners.
- We are using “Cookies” on www.tbwdiscoverycenter.org for several reasons related to providing high-quality information and features for our users. Cookies are short and simple text files stored on your computer by Internet Websites to help identify users and enhance customer service. By providing a simple method of defining “user sessions,” cookies improve the speed and efficiency of our search tools for lodging, attractions and events information.
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We use these cookies to collect behavioral visitation data from our visitors through services called retargeting and heat mapping. This data is used specifically to track the manner in which visitors interact with this website and its related web properties. Upon leaving this website, visitors may occasionally be served advertisements from the Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center and/or Tampa Bay Watch Inc.
- If you wish to stop receiving these advertisements, you can do so by simply clearing cookies from your browser. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our website information services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
SIGNING UP FOR SERVICES, MEMBERSHIP, PARTICIPATION
- The Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center does not collect information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for such information. The information requested and supplied by you through the web is the same information requested if performed over the telephone, by mail, or in person. When you provide your name, address, email address and other personal information, we use the information in order to provide the requested newsletter, tickets, reservations, or other Tampa Bay Watch, Inc. information. If and only if you explicitly grant us permission, we do sometimes release this information to Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center-related businesses. If you do not grant such permission, then your information will not be shared with any third-party organizations.
- Paradise Advertising & Marketing, our third-party Interactive and Web hosting vendor, as developer and manager of this Web site, has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data, computer systems, and networks. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession. Including, but not limited to, individual authentication, the security of transmitted data, security monitoring, auditing, and encryption implementation and day-to-day practices of the entire Web site. Email is not a secure medium. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY OR ENDORSEMENT
- Information on businesses and organizations within www.tbwdiscoverycenter.org is provided by those organizations and is not endorsed by Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center or Tampa Bay Watch. Users of this information are encouraged to call individual businesses to verify all information before traveling. Additionally, this Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site for the Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center.
- If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.
LAST REVISED: July 1, 2020